When it comes to comfort food, oftentimesthe most satisfying meals involve all your favorite flavors mashed up together in one yummy and perfect mouthful.
This is the beauty of hash: you can mix a little bit of everything you want into one meal, then with the right amount of seasoning, serve a mixture of components as one cohesive dish.
Our favorite breakfast recipecombines all the best breakfast foods together (including bacon, eggs, and crispy fried potatoes).
The flavors mix together well and the end resultis a mouthwatering cheesy bacon-and-egg hash. The stars of this dish are definitely the fried Eggland’s Best eggs on top, as they add an amazingly silky texture to the mass of skillet-cooked goodness.
What’s also amazing about hash is how easy it is to assemble and cook all you have to do is add each layer one at a time and cook it all in the oven.
This hearty hash is the perfect breakfast because it is both delicious and filling. Plus, it is a healthy way to jump-start your morning, and what could be more important than that?
Check out our recipe below so you can whip up and enjoy a batch.
Can’t wait to try this recipe yourself at home? Don’t forget to SHAREthis with breakfast-loving friends and family on Facebook.
- 2 Egglands Best eggs
- 2 medium-sized peeled red potatoes
- 7 ounces diced bacon
- cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or cheddar)
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer in a cast-iron skillet or oven-proof pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then mix.
- Put them back in the oven until they are crisp, around 15 minutes.
- Add the bacon and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Make two wells in the hash. Add an Egglands Best egg into each well.
- Sprinkle mozzarella around each egg.
- Place back into the oven until the whites are set.Cook eggs to taste.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.