Got a baby shower on the books? Then we have the perfectrecipe! Our adorableOnesie Cakeis the sweet treat that every baby-centered celebration needs.
We’ve all seen diaper cakes and onesie cakes that justlook like cakes. In reality, they are 100 percent made up of rolled-up diapers or little baby outfits. They’re cute as can be, but let’s face it, they aren’t going to fill your stomach. Baby-showerin’ is hungry work!
So, with that in mind, we put together a delicious dessert that looks like a onesie from the outside. The inside, though, is yummy cake through and through!
- Sheet cake
- Prepare sheet cake according to instructions on the box. If desired, add food coloring to batter.
- Cut semicircle from top of sheet cake for “neck hole.”
- Cut wedges from bottom two corners of sheet cake for “leg holes.”
- Transfer these wedges to the top two corners of the cake, and “glue” on with frosting so they become the onesie’s sleeves.
- Cover top and sides of cake ina thick layer of frosting. Scatter sprinkles across the top.
- Use icing to draw the collar, snaps,and outline of the onesie, and to write a message in the middle.
- Serve and enjoy!
Check out the video below for more details on making this yummy onesie cake! And don’t forget toSHAREwith anyone welcoming a bundle of joy into the world soon!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.