Here at LittleThings, we just love Valentine’s Day! There’s nothing better than giving and receiving valentines,especiallyfood-based ones like our adorable new heart box cookies!
After all, they say that the best way to anyone’s heart is through the stomach, which is why we’ll be busy in the kitchen making delicious V-Day snacks right up until February 14th!
- Cookie dough
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters, 1 medium and 1 small
- Small candies
- Royal icing
- Prepare your favorite cookie dough, then roll out flat in a single piece and place on baking sheet.
- Bake according to recipe, but don’t overcook; this works best if the cookies are a bit soft!
- When cookie dough is baked, cut into baked dough with the larger heart-shaped cookie cutter and remove excess dough.
- Cut out a smaller heart from the middle of half of your heart-shaped cookies.
- Create stacks of four cookies in the following order: one whole cookie, two cookies with heart cutouts in the middle, one whole cookie. Use frosting to glue the bottom three cookies together.
- Fill the hole left by the cutouts with your favorite candy, then place your fourth cookie on top and glue into place with frosting.
- Decorate the top of your heart box cookie with royal icing, in the pattern of your choosing. Even more hearts makes for an adorable option!
Check out the video below for more details on this adorable valentine, and don’t forget toSHARE with friends, family, and, of course, valentines!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.