There’s nothing worse than coming down with a miserable cold or case of the flu in the dead of winter. Fortunately, we have an awesome cold-fighting cake recipe that just might help your immune system knock back those miserable symptoms!
Our recipe employs a lot of the same ingredients that come up in lists of home remedies for the cold and flu. More importantly, it tastes alot better than a spoonful of cough syrup.
When you get tired of trying to fight your cold with tissues and steam baths, a slice of cake might actually be just what the doctor ordered!
This tasty recipe features powerful flu-fighting ingredients like cinnamon, ginger, honey, and lemon. All of these ingredients work together to give the body much-need vitamins and fight irritating symptoms like a stuffy nose and scratchy throat.
This cold-fighting cake also axes a lot of the milk and dairy in an ordinary cake recipe, because all that dairy makes your body produce more mucus!
Printout our easy-peasy, cold-fightin’ recipe below!
- 1 34 cups coconut flour
- 1 12 cup vegetable-based butter, divided
- 4 eggs
- 34 cup maple sugar
- 1 cup caster sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsps. almond milk
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- Zest of 4 lemons, divided
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 3 cups mixed berries
- 1 Tbsp. shredded fresh mint leaves
- 1 34 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsps. honey
- Additional honey and lemon for garnish
- Combine flour, one cup of butter, eggs, maple sugar, three-four cup of caster sugar, almond milk, baking powder, zest of two lemons, cinnamon, and ginger. Cream together well.
- Divide batter into two round baking pans. Bake 25 to 30 minutes at 350 F.
- While cake is baking, prepare syrup. Combine berries, remaining lemon zest, remaining caster sugar, and mint leaves over medium heat.
- Heat berry mixture gently until all sugar dissolves, then bring to a boil and simmer gently for one minute. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, remaining butter, and honey. Cream together until buttercream frosting forms.
- Frost both cakes and use buttercream to "glue" layers together.
- Drizzle top of cake with honey and a bit of additional lemon zest.
- Slice cake and serve with berry syrup on the side.
- Enjoy, and get well soon!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.