They say that you should follow a rainbow to find good luck, but we think we’ve hit on a new solution. Make your own luck by whipping up a batch of our beautiful rainbow doughnuts!
These picture-perfect pastries are the best way to enjoy a lucky break and a coffee break, too. All you need is a favorite doughnut recipe or a go-to spot to pick up a half-dozen. Our simple two-ingredient doughnut is a great place to start.
From there, it’s really just a matter of decorating your doughnut to perfection. Use candy melts, shredded coconut, and a box of your favorite colorful cereal to turn a plain doughnut into an eye-popping spectacle.
If you have doughnuts, a microwave, and 15 minutes to sort a box of cereal by color, you’ll easily be able to pull off these beautiful rainbow doughnuts. If you have the time, make a few dozen; they’re sure to be best-sellers at a St. Patrick’s Day bake sale.
Print out the recipe below to try these at home!
- 2 cups rainbow cereal
- 1 dozen doughnuts
- 1 bag candy melts
- 13 cup shredded coconut
- Dump out all of your rainbow cereal, then separate by color and arrange in rainbow order.
- Make or buy favorite doughnuts and arrange them on a wire rack.
- Melt candy in small amounts. Pour liquid over doughnuts until covered.
- Before candy hardens, place a pinch of coconut on either side of the center hole.
- Create a color-coordinated "rainbow" out of cereal stretching from one coconut section to the other.
- Let candy harden. Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.